Vehicles can be registered by individuals or organisations. Organisations first need to be assigned a customer number.
An authorised representative needs to apply at a service centre and bring the required documentation.
What you need
- the PDF form – 'TfNSW Customer Number Application (Organisation)'
- for incorporated companies, you'll need an Australian Securities and Investments Commission document confirming the organisation's details, including the ACN or ABN
- for other incorporated bodies, refer to the details on the form
- authorised representative's proof of identity (if applicable)
- if you're a motor dealer, you'll need to show your dealer's licence.
How to apply
- Download and complete TfNSW Customer Number Application (Organisation) – PDF.
- Make sure you have all the required documentation.
- Submit your application at a service centre.
Last updated: 28 November 2023