If you've received an order to participate in the Alcohol Interlock Program, you need to visit a NSW Service Centre and be issued a NSW car, rider, or heavy vehicle licence (whichever is applicable) with an interlock condition.

You can do this once you've completed the necessary disqualification period, attended a medical consultation, and had an interlock device installed on your vehicle.

What you need

How to apply

  1. Download and complete the required forms.
  2. Make sure you have all your documentation, including proof of identity and proof of concession (if applicable).
  3. Visit a service centre and submit your application.

More information

  • Learner drivers will only be issued an interlock licence once their driving test has been passed.
  • You're not able to apply for a learner rider licence if you're subject to an interlock order.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

Last updated: 8 May 2024