Transport for NSW has a network of Boatcode Agents to validate and affix Hull Identification Numbers (HIN) on vessels.
Boatcode Agents must meet eligibility criteria and are allocated where they are needed.
You can apply for Boatcode Agency Accreditation by post or in person.
To apply to become a Boatcode Agency, you must:
- be associated with the marine industry and have an ACN (or ABN if a sole trader)
- be open to the general public a minimum of 5½ days per week
- have at least one staff member who is an Accredited Boatcode Examiner
- have the necessary tools and equipment for affixing a HIN and a specified range of materials, such as punches and engravers
- be prepared to keep HIN certificates and HIN plates in a secure (lockable) storage device at all times
- provide a copy of your second-hand dealer licence or consent for Transport for NSW to conduct a criminal record check
- be prepared to nominate an Examiner to travel within your local area to undertake Boatcode activities
- provide ample off-street parking and have an area that is suitable to accommodate a boat and trailer
- have a separate work area to conduct administrative duties.
What you need
How to apply
- Phone 13 12 36 for application details and documents.
- Submit your application in person at a Service NSW Centre or post it to:
Maritime Product Services
Locked Bag 5100
Camperdown NSW 1450.