Occupations and businesses involved in the use of pesticides must be licensed by the Environment Protection Authority (EPA). If you're a fumigator you can apply for your licence via mail.
What you'll need
- your personal and contact details
- a copy of your training certificate
- the name of your registered training organisation
- 2 passport size photos
- your method of payment.
How to apply
- Select the 'Download DOCX form' button.
- Complete, print and sign the form.
- Gather your supporting documents and photos, and post your application with payment to:
Chemicals and Radiation Licensing Unit
PO Box A290
Sydney South NSW 1232
You must be 18 years or older, and have successfully completed the following 2 modules from a registered training organisation (RTO):
- CPPPMT3006A Apply pesticides to manage pests, or CPPPMT3006 Manage pests by applying pesticides
- CPPPMT3011A Conduct fumigation, or CPPPMT3011 Manage organisms by applying fumigants to commodities and environments.
Things to keep in mind...
- If you'd also like to apply for a pest management technician licence, you'll need to complete a separate application form. Your licence card however will be issued indicating both licences.
- The licence is valid for 5 years.
- Pest management technicians must comply with the notification and record keeping requirements of the NSW Pesticide Regulation 2009, and ensure that work practices minimise risk of harm to the community and the environment.