If you've been disqualified from driving, you can apply for your licence to be reissued at the end of the disqualification period.
If you'd previously held an unrestricted licence with no good behaviour period (GBP), the type of licence you receive will depend on the number of active demerit points on your driving record at the time of reissue.
What you need
- your proof of identity documents as detailed on the form
- your concession card details (if applicable)
- your old licence (if you have it)
- your contact lenses or glasses (if applicable)
- your medical report (if applicable)
- the PDF form – 'Licence Application'.
How to apply
- Download and complete the Licence Application – PDF.
- Make sure you have all your documentation and any additional items (if applicable).
- Visit a service centre and submit your application.
- When you apply for or renew a licence card or Photo Card at a service centre, it will be posted to you at no extra cost. Cards usually arrive within 10 working days.
- If you haven’t received your card through the mail within 10 working days, please call us on 13 77 88.
- Renewal notices are posted generally within 6 weeks of the card's expiry date.
- For driver licence renewals or applications a receipt is provided which allows people to drive until the card arrives in the mail. The receipt is valid for 30 days.
- Further information about centralised photocard printing is available on the Transport for NSW website.