If you've been disqualified from driving, you can apply for your licence to be reissued at the end of the disqualification period.
If you'd previously held an unrestricted licence with a good behaviour period (GBP), you'll be re-issued with this same type of licence. The GBP period will start from the date the licence is issued, and last for 12 months.
What you need
- your proof of identity documents as detailed on the form
- your concession card details (if applicable)
- your old licence (if you have it)
- your contact lenses or glasses (if you wear them)
- your medical report (if applicable)
- the PDF forms:
- 'Licence Application'
- 'Good Behaviour Election/Acknowledgement'.
How to apply
- When you apply for or renew a licence card or Photo Card at a service centre, it will be posted to you at no extra cost. Cards usually arrive within 10 working days.
- If you haven’t received your card through the mail within 10 working days, please call us on 13 77 88.
- Renewal notices are posted generally within 6 weeks of the card's expiry date.
- For driver licence renewals or applications a receipt is provided which allows people to drive until the card arrives in the mail. The receipt is valid for 30 days.
- Further information about centralised photocard printing is available on the Transport for NSW website.