If you'd like to apply for an E-Toll M5 South-West Cashback rebate, you can do this online.


You can claim M5 South-West Cashback if:

  • you're a NSW resident.
  • your vehicle is registered in NSW for private, pensioner or charitable use
  • you've registered for M5 South-West Cashback with your tolling provider
  • you've paid M5 South-West tolls using a NSW issued electronic tag
  • you've submitted your claim within 12 months of the close of the M5 South-West Cashback quarter (claims received more than 12 months after the close of each quarter will not be accepted).

Trips in the following vehicles are ineligible:

  • government or business registered vehicles (including vehicles provided as part of a salary package)
  • leased vehicles
  • rented vehicles
  • smash repair courtesy vehicles
  • car dealership loan vehicles
  • interstate registered vehicles
  • vehicles where business usage is shown on the registration papers, for example 'business general' or 'primary producer'.

What you need

If claiming a rebate online, you'll need:

  • your E-Toll Account details.

If claiming a rebate by post or in person, you'll need:

  • your E-Toll Account details
  • your personal details
  • your bank account details
  • your tolling account number
  • a copy of your E-Toll transactions for the quarter your request relates to.

How to apply

If claiming online:

  1. Log in to your E-Toll Account.
  2. Select the 'Claim Cashback' link in the Account Overview screen.
  3. Complete the required fields.
  4. Submit your claim.

If claiming by post or in person:

  1. Download and complete M5 South-West Cashback Rebate – PDF.
  2. Attach your supporting documents.
  3. Visit a service centre and submit your documents in person, or post them to:
    Transport for NSW
    M5 South-West Cashback
    Locked Bag 3
    Dubbo NSW 2830

More information

  • For claims lodged via post, rebates are paid by Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) into a savings or cheque account as nominated on the claim form, or by cheque. Rebates cannot be paid into credit card accounts.
  • You can only claim tolls paid electronically with a registered electronic tag account.
  • You may be photographed at an M5 South-West toll plaza for audit purposes.
Last updated: 3 July 2020