A National Parks Concession Pass gives eligible pensioners and veterans free car entry into the 45 national parks that charge entry fees.
Concession passes are now digital, which means you will no longer receive a physical card to display in your vehicle.
The pass is linked to a single vehicle number plate registered in your name, or at your home address.
You can apply for a concession pass online.
Holders of one of the following:
- Pensioner Concession Card (PCC)
- Australian Veterans Gold DVA Card endorsed with EDA or TPI
- Australian Veterans Gold DVA Card without EDA or TPI who can provide a letter from the DVA confirming they receive a disability pension of 70% or higher, or an intermediate pension.
What you need
- an email address that is not shared with someone else
- your vehicle registration number
- a copy of both sides of your PCC or DVA Gold Card
- a copy of your vehicle certificate of registration paper
- a letter from the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) confirming a disability rate of 70% or more (if applicable).
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Provide the required information, along with any supporting documents.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions.
- Submit your application.
You'll receive an email from NPWS within 3 business days to let you know if your pass has been approved.