A National Parks Concession Pass gives eligible pensioners and veterans free car entry into the 45 national parks that charge entry fees.
Holders of one of the following:
- Pensioner Concession Card (PCC)
- Australian Veterans Gold DVA Card endorsed with EDA or TPI
- Australian Veterans Gold DVA Card without EDA or TPI who can provide a letter from the DVA confirming they receive a disability pension of 70% or higher, or an intermediate pension.
What you need
- the DOC form – 'NPWS Concession Pass Application Form'
- a photocopy of both sides of your valid PCC or DVA Gold Card
- a letter from the Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) confirming a disability rate of 70% or more (if applicable).
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Download DOC form' button.
- Complete the form.
- Attach your supporting documentation.
- Using the contact details on the form, lodge your application via email or post.
- You must be travelling in the vehicle, and your concession card must be clearly displayed on the dashboard.
- Always have your valid PCC or DVA Gold Card with you, as you may be required to confirm your eligibility status.
- Entry to parks and reserves may be restricted due to safety, conservation or operational requirements.
- The concession card is valid for a maximum of four hours per calendar day in the Chowder Bay Precinct of Sydney Harbour National Park, so you'll need to buy a ticket from the machines to top up your length of stay, if you plan to visit for a longer period.
- Your concession card expires one year from the date your application is approved.