Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses


Occupations and businesses involved in the use of pesticides must be licensed by the Environment Protection Authority (EPA). If you're a pest management technician you can apply for your licence via mail.


You must be 18 years or older, and have successfully completed the following 3 modules from a registered training organisation (RTO):

  • CPPPMT3005A Modify environment to manage pests, or CPPPMT3005 Manage pests without applying pesticides
  • CPPPMT3006A Apply pesticides to manage pests, or CPPPMT3006 Manage pests by applying pesticides
  • CPPPMT3018A Maintain equipment and chemical storage areas, or CPPPMT3018B Manage equipment and chemical storage areas.

What you need

  • your personal and contact details
  • a copy of your training certificate
  • the name of your registered training organisation
  • 2 passport size photos
  • your method of payment.

How to apply

  1. Select the 'Download DOCX form' button.
  2. Complete, print and sign the form.
  3. Gather your supporting documents and photos, and post your application with payment to:

Chemicals and Radiation Licensing Unit
PO Box A290
Sydney South NSW 1232

More information

  • If you'd also like to apply for a fumigator licence you'll need to complete a separate application form. Your licence card however, will be issued indicating both licences.
  • The licence is valid for 5 years.
  • Pest management technicians must comply with the notification and record keeping requirements of the NSW Pesticide Regulation 2009, and ensure that work practices minimise risk of harm to the community and the environment.
You'll be taken to another website.