Occupations and businesses involved in the use of pesticides must be licensed by the Environment Protection Authority (EPA). If you're a pest management technician you can apply for your licence via mail.Download DOCX form
Apply for a pest management technician licence
You must be 18 years or older, and have successfully completed the following 3 modules from a registered training organisation (RTO):
- CPPPMT3005A Modify environment to manage pests, or CPPPMT3005 Manage pests without applying pesticides
- CPPPMT3006A Apply pesticides to manage pests, or CPPPMT3006 Manage pests by applying pesticides
- CPPPMT3018A Maintain equipment and chemical storage areas, or CPPPMT3018B Manage equipment and chemical storage areas.
- If you'd also like to apply for a fumigator licence you'll need to complete a separate application form. Your licence card however, will be issued indicating both licences.
- The licence is valid for 5 years.
- Pest management technicians must comply with the notification and record keeping requirements of the NSW Pesticide Regulation 2009, and ensure that work practices minimise risk of harm to the community and the environment.