If you want to register a used vehicle that has been imported into Australia under the registered automotive workshop scheme (RAWS), you'll need to visit a service centre.
What you need
- your proof of identity
- your business or organisation details, including the representative authority
- proof of entitlement to register the vehicle
- your proof of concession (if applicable)
- a hard copy compulsory third party (green slip) policy receipt with the number plate section left blank (except for trailers)
- a weighbridge ticket (if applicable)
- an identity and safety check report from an Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection Station
- an engineer's certificate (if the vehicle has been modified beyond the owner-certified level, or is an individually constructed vehicle)
- the PDF form – 'Application for Registration'.
How to apply
- Download and complete the Application for Registration – PDF.
- Make sure you have all the required documentation.
- Visit a service centre and lodge your application.
Last updated: 25 June 2020