Text size


If you want to register a used vehicle that has been imported into Australia under the registered automotive workshop scheme (RAWS), you'll need to visit a service centre.

What you need

  • your proof of identity
  • your business or organisation details, including the representative authority
  • proof of entitlement to register the vehicle
  • your proof of concession (if applicable)
  • a hard copy compulsory third party (green slip) policy receipt with the number plate section left blank (except for trailers)
  • a weighbridge ticket (if applicable)
  • an identity and safety check report from an Authorised Unregistered Vehicle Inspection Station
  • an engineer's certificate (if the vehicle has been modified beyond the owner-certified level, or is an individually constructed vehicle)
  • the PDF form – 'Application for Registration'.

How to apply

  1. Download and complete the Application for Registration – PDF.
  2. Make sure you have all the required documentation.
  3. Visit a service centre and lodge your application.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

Last updated: 25 June 2020