Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses.


If you've been told by your medical practitioner that you need a restricted journey licence, your licence will need to be updated at a service centre.

A practical assessment is not required, you'll just need to present the medical report.

What you need

  • your current driver licence
  • your medical report.

How to apply

Visit a service centre with the medical report and your current licence.

More information

  • When you apply for or renew a licence card or Photo Card at a service centre, it will be posted to you at no extra cost. Cards usually arrive within 10 working days.
  • If you haven’t received your card through the mail within 10 working days, please call us on 13 77 88.
  • Renewal notices are posted generally within 6 weeks of the card's expiry date.
  • For driver licence renewals or applications a receipt is provided which allows people to drive until the card arrives in the mail. The receipt is valid for 30 days.
  • Further information about centralised photocard printing is available on the Transport for NSW website.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.