If you've been told by your medical practitioner that you need a restricted journey licence, you'll need to have your licence updated at a service centre.
A practical assessment is not required, you'll just need to present the medical report.
What you'll need
- your current driver licence
- your medical report.
How to apply
Visit a service centre with the medical report and your current licence.
Things to keep in mind...
- When you apply for or renew a licence card or Photo Card at a service centre, it will be posted to you at no extra cost. Cards usually arrive within 10 working days.
- If you haven’t received your card through the mail within 10 working days, please call us on 13 77 88.
- Renewal notices are posted generally within 6 weeks of the card's expiry date.
- For driver licence renewals or applications a receipt is provided which allows people to drive until the card arrives in the mail. The receipt is valid for 30 days.
- Further information about centralised photocard printing is available on the Roads and Maritime Services website.