By law, mines in NSW must use a registered mining surveyor to carry out surveys and prepare mine plans.
Check the Pathway to registration – mining surveyor page on the Board of Surveying and Spatial Information (BOSSI) website to learn more about registration.
Once registered, you'll need to renew your registration annually.
To be eligible, you must:
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account (you can create one when you start your application) or your OneGov account
- proof of eligibility
- proof of identity
- a passport quality photo in JPG format
- a credit/debit card to pay the registration fee.
Note: Documents must be certified, in English and in PDF format.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Gather your supporting documents.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Select 'Next' on the application screen.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account, or log in using your OneGov credentials.
- Follow the prompts to proceed to payment.
Contact BOSSI for all application enquiries.