A surveyor’s assistant carries out survey work under the supervision of a registered surveyor. The registered surveyor takes responsibility for their assistant's work.
To become a surveyor’s assistant, you'll need to apply to the Board of Surveying and Spatial Information (BOSSI).
Before you apply, check BOSSI’s requirements for becoming a surveyor’s assistant.
You must pay an annual fee to maintain your status as a surveyor’s assistant.
To be eligible to apply, you’ll need to:
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account (you can create one when you start your application) or your OneGov account
- your supervisor’s full name, contact details and registration number
- proof of eligibility
- a passport quality photo in JPG format
- a credit/debit card to pay your enrolment fee.
Note: Documents must be certified, in English and in PDF format.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Gather your supporting documentation.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Select the 'Start' button on the application screen.
- Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account, or log in using your OneGov credentials.
- Follow the prompts to proceed to payment.
Contact BOSSI for all application enquiries.