If two or more registered clubs intend to amalgamate, they'll need to apply for a liquor licence transfer. The amalgamation application is determined as if it is an application for a new liquor licence, however you can request provisional approval if you wish, so trading is not interrupted for a lengthy period.
Any of the following:
- the organisation holding the existing licence (transferor)
- the premises owner (if applicable)
- the organisation proposing to hold the transferred licence (if the existing licensee consents).
Applicants must be 18 years or older.
What you need
- the liquor licence name and number
- the intended transfer date (cannot be less than 3 business days after the application is received)
- details of the incoming licensee (transferee), including the organisation's ABN, ACN, Y/Inc
- details of the transferee's contact person
- details of the premises owner (individual or organisation, whichever is applicable)
- reasons to support amalgamation if the existing licensee (transferor) and transferee’s premises are not located within 50km of each other
- signed declaration of consent from the transferor
- signed declaration of consent from the transferee
- completed Data Monitoring Services direct debit request form – PDF (if operating gaming machines)
- representative's name and contact details (if applicable)
- the PDF form – 'Liquor licence transfer – club licence'.
How to apply
- Check your eligibility.
- Gather the required information and documents.
- Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
- Complete and sign the form, including the Police Notice section.
- Email your application and payment by following the instructions on the form, and then, within 2 working days:
- print all pages of your application, including the Police Notice section
- lodge the printed copy with the police station nearest the premises.
- The transferor and transferee declarations of consent must be signed by the appropriate office holders of the organisations, in accordance with section 127 of the Corporations Act 2001.
- The application will take 3 to 6 months to be approved.