Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses.

If you have a vehicle used for tourist, charter or long distance passenger services, you can apply for tourist vehicle plates.

The vehicle must seat more than 12 adult people and:

  • have CBUS registration usage recorded
  • have BUS shape recorded
  • be aligned to an accredited operator under the Passenger Transport Act 1990.

Tourist vehicle (TV) plates are issued as a set of 2 number plates and are identified by the letters TV followed by 3 or 4 numbers printed in black on a yellow background.

Most Service NSW centres carry TV plates and they are issued on site following a successful application.