If you'd like to promote your business by running a single free-entry competition such as a sweep, giveaway or contest, you'll need a trade promotion lottery permit (single lottery).
You can apply and pay for this permit online.
What you'll need
- an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- a clear description of the competition you're organising
- to nominate a date that the permit will be valid for
- to specify a dollar value of the prizes you're giving away.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Sign in or create a OneGov account.
- Complete the online application form.
- Pay a fee using your payment details (fees vary according to the value of the prizes).
- Read and confirm the declaration.
The lottery or game of chance must:
- have free entry
- be a competition based on chance not skill
- must genuinely promote the goods or services of your business
- must take place on the date nominated.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit NSW Fair Trading.