If you'd like to promote your business by running a single free-entry competition such as a sweep, giveaway or contest, you'll need a trade promotion lottery permit (single lottery).
You can apply and pay for this permit online.
The lottery or game of chance must:
- have free entry
- be a competition based on chance not skill
- must genuinely promote the goods or services of your business
- must take place on the date nominated.
To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit NSW Fair Trading.
What you need
- an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- a clear description of the competition you're organising
- to nominate a date that the permit will be valid for
- to specify a dollar value of the prizes you're giving away.
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Sign in or create a OneGov account.
- Complete the online application form.
- Pay a fee using your payment details (fees vary according to the value of the prizes).
- Read and confirm the declaration.