Text size


The transport concession entitlement card gives job seekers and other approved Centrelink customers proof of entitlement to concession fare travel on public transport in NSW. 


To be eligible, you must: 

  • live in NSW, and 
  • receive the maximum rate of Centrelink benefit. 

You must also be either:

Registered as looking for work and receiving one of the following:

  • JobSeeker payment
  • youth allowance (job seekers only)
  • parenting payment (partnered)
  • partner allowance
  • widow allowance
  • exceptional circumstances relief payment
  • farm household allowance.

Or receiving one of the following:

  • JobSeeker payment (incapacitated)
  • youth allowance (incapacitated)
  • special benefit
  • sickness allowance.

Or registered for employment services and receiving one of the following:

  • partner allowance
  • widow allowance
  • parenting payment (partnered).

Visit the Transport for NSW website to check the eligibility criteria for job seekers and other approved Centrelink customers

What you need

  • your Centrelink Reference Number (CRN).

How to apply

  1. Select the 'Apply online' button. 
  2. Select the entitlement type and enter your CRN.
  3. Complete the online application.

More information

  • It's free to apply for a transport concession entitlement card. 
  • Your card will be mailed to you within 8 to 10 working days. Until your card arrives, you'll need to pay for an adult travel fare. 
  • The card is valid for 90 days from the date of issue, as long as you remain eligible. After this, you'll need to renew online and be reassessed for eligibility. You can find the expiry date on the back of the card. 
  • You must carry your transport concession entitlement card (proof of entitlement) when travelling with a concession ticket or a concession Opal card, or you may be fined. 
Last updated: 2 November 2022
You'll be taken to another website.