If you live in the QPRC area, and you want to prune or remove tree(s) on your property, you may need to apply for approval from the council.
You can do this online.
Note: If you'd like to apply for more than 5 trees, contact QPRC directly.
Owners of properties located in the QPRC area or their legally authorised representatives.
Visit Clearing vegetation on private land – Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council for detailed information on:
- whether the work you're wanting to do requires council's approval
- tree preservation/heritage requirements
- trees on your neighbour's land.
What you need
- property address and access details
- details of the tree(s)
- Tree Location Plan (either a block plan or a text description)
- photo of the tree(s)
- permission from the body corporate (if applying on behalf of a unit or townhouse).
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Follow the prompts to apply for approval for the work you wish to do.
- Upload the required supporting documentation.
- Submit your application.
- QPRC will contact you directly to let you know the outcome of your application or if they need any further information.
- If there are a lot of trees on your property, mark the tree(s) you want to prune or remove using string, coloured tape or paint. This will help council officers more easily identify the tree(s), in case an inspection is required.
- If you remove, prune, damage or injure a tree without approval you may have to pay a fine.
- For assistance removing fallen trees or branches due to a flood or storm, please call SES on 132 500