If you want to prune or remove tree(s) on your property, you may need to apply for approval from council.
This online application is a service from Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council, delivered by Service NSW.
Note: Due to changes in legislation, requests to clear native vegetation including trees, with significant environmental values may need to be supported by an ecological report or similar investigation. These new requirements may delay your application. Council staff will contact you, should your request fall under the new legislation.
This application form is for use by property owners, or their legally authorised representatives, for properties located in the Queanbeyan-Palerang Regional Council area. If you're applying on behalf of a unit or townhouse, you'll need to have obtained permission of the body corporate.
All applications are subject to your council's tree preservation requirements that protect and preserve the tree species important to the local area.
You may not require approval if the tree(s), or work, is exempt from the criteria set by your council. Contact your council for further eligibility information.
If you would like to apply for more than 5 trees, contact your council directly for application.
What you need
- property address and access details
- details of the tree(s)
- Tree Location Plan (either a block plan or a text description)
- photo of the tree(s) (optional).
How to apply
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Apply online' button.
- Select your council and the service you wish to apply for, then select the 'Get started' button.
- Complete the online form and upload the required supporting documentation.
- Review your application, then submit the application.
- If you remove, prune, damage or injure a tree without approval from your council you may have to pay a fine.
- Your council will contact you directly to let you know the outcome of your application, or if they need any further information to process your application.
- For a quicker turnaround, include a photo of the tree in the application to make it easier for the council to identify and assess the tree. Make sure the photo is in focus, and shows the entire tree as the primary subject of the photo.
- If there are a lot of trees on your property, mark the tree(s) you want to prune or remove using string, coloured tape or paint. This will help council officers more easily identify the tree(s), in case an inspection is required.
- For assistance removing fallen trees or branches due to a flood or storm, please call SES on 132 500