If you’re wanting to visit a service centre and are deaf or hard of hearing, Auslan video remote interpreting is available at all service centres, free of charge.
Video remote interpreting lets you see and talk to an Auslan interpreter through online video chat via a laptop in the service centre. The interpreter signs to you and can speak to the service centre staff.
If you'd like to use the service you can book an appointment online and avoid having to wait for an interpreter.
Note: If you don’t use Auslan you can request an interpreter in your preferred language when you book. Another option is live captioning which is also available at all service centres, free of charge.
What you'll need
- your driver licence or Photo Card
- documentation that's relevant to the transaction you're wanting to do.
How to book
- Select the ‘Book an appointment’ button.
- Choose your service centre.
- Schedule your appointment – it's recommended to book before 11am or after 2pm.
- Enter the required details.
- Attend your appointment at the service centre.