If you need help with understanding spoken English you can request a quote and book an interpreter using the Language Services of Multicultural NSW. Interpretation services can be provided in 120 languages and dialects, including Auslan.
You can request a face-to-face, video or telephone interpreter for a wide range of needs, including:
- licence testing
- health situations
- legal matters
- police investigations
- community interviews
- education situations
- workshops and seminars
- individual or client-group interviews.
For help with written documents, you can apply for document translation services.
Interpreter services are available to:
- community groups
- private organisations
- commercial organisations
- all departments and agencies of the NSW government.
What you need
- your contact details
- the time and date you need language interpreter help
- your Multicultural NSW Language Services account number (if you have one).
How to book
- Select the 'Request a quote' button.
- Follow the steps to submit a request.
- Requests for a language interpreter should be made in advance whenever possible.
- Fees apply to language interpreter services.
- Cancellation fees apply when bookings are cancelled within 48 hours of the booked starting time.
Last updated: 24 March 2023