If you need to cancel your conditional vehicle registration, you can do this at a service centre. A cancellation letter will then be sent to you so you can claim a refund of the unused portion of your Comprehensive Third Party insurance.
You won't receive a refund of any fees paid to Roads and Maritime Services.
What you'll need
- your proof of identity
- your business identification details (if applicable)
- the vehicle's conditional registration certificate and number plate(s).
How to cancel
- Complete the Cancel Registration Advice on the back of the vehicle's Certificate of Conditional Registration.
- Make sure you have all the required documentation and number plate/s.
- Visit a service centre and provide the information in person.