With the latest COVID-19 health advice to stay home, we strongly advise you to use our website or call 13 77 88, rather than visit a service centre. Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses.

Stay home: use online transactions or call 13 77 88
COVID-19 assistance

Text size


If you need to cancel your conditional vehicle registration, you can do this at a service centre. A cancellation letter will then be sent to you so you can claim a refund of the unused portion of your Comprehensive Third Party insurance.

You won't receive a refund of any fees paid to Transport for NSW.

What you need

  • your proof of identity
  • your business identification details (if applicable)
  • the vehicle's conditional registration certificate and number plate(s).

How to cancel

  1. Complete the Cancel Registration Advice on the back of the vehicle's Certificate of Conditional Registration.
  2. Make sure you have all the required documentation and number plate/s.
  3. Visit a service centre and provide the information in person.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.