If your organisation stops selling tobacco, non-tobacco smoking products or e-cigarettes, it's your responsibility to cancel your retailer identification number (RIN).
If only some of your premises have stopped selling such products however, you only need to remove the relevant premises, you don't need to cancel your RIN.
- A person named on the RIN such as the owner, director or contact person, and whose email address or mobile phone number is recorded on the RIN.
- If there's no email/mobile number assigned to the person on the RIN, then they'll need to call the Tobacco Information Line on 1800 357 412.
What you need
- the RIN
- name registered on the RIN
- date and reason for cancelling.
How to cancel
- Check the eligibility requirements.
- Select the 'Cancel online' button.
- Read and agree to the Terms and Conditions.
- Select 'Start'.
- Enter your name and RIN.
- Select 'Next'.
- Follow the prompts to verify your identity.
- Select 'Cancel Registration'.
- Enter the required details.
- Select 'Cancel Retailer Identification Number'.
- Confirm the cancellation.
Last updated: 6 November 2019