Text size


If you're the licensee and/or owner of a licensed premises, and you want to change the area of the premises, you’ll need to apply.

Amendments to authorisations you may currently have, such as extended trading authorisation (ETA) and/or minors' areas, need to be applied for at the same time.


  • A licensee or authorised person who wants to change the size of their licensed premises.

What you need

  • a MyServiceNSW Account
  • the PDF form – 'Change boundaries of licensed premises'
  • a copy of your local council’s development consent or approval for the proposed licensed area (if required)
  • a colour coded plan (PDF) in A4 or A3, showing:
    • the current licensed area and authorisations
    • the proposed licensed boundaries and proposed authorisations.
  • the appropriate application forms and payments to amend current authorisations (if applicable)
  • your payment.

How to apply

  1. Select the ‘Apply online’ button.
  2. Log in, or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
  3. Select 'view licences'.
  4. Select 'modify licence'.
  5. Select 'Apply change boundaries of licensed premises'.
  6. Follow the prompts to apply.
  7. Attach any supporting documents to the application.
  8. Submit your application with payment.

More information

  • A copy of this application (including attachments) must be lodged at the Police Station nearest to the premises.
Last updated: 13 December 2021