If you hold a Motor Vehicle Tradesperson’s Certificate and need to add or remove a class of repair work, you can do that in person at a service centre, or by mail.
What you'll need
If you’re adding a class of repair work, you’ll need:
- the Tradesperson’s Certificate Amendment Application: Add Class of Repair Work – PDF form
- your Certificate Number
- your personal and contact details
- details of your qualifications, including proof of completion of the relevant training courses, and
- payment details for the licence fee.
If you’re removing a class of repair work, you’ll need:
- a signed letter that clearly shows your Certificate Number and personal details, requesting removal of the class of repair work.
How to change
- Download, print and complete the Tradesperson’s Certificate Amendment Application: Add Class of Repair Work – PDF form (if adding a class of repair work), or write and sign a request letter (if removing a class of repair work).
- Attach any relevant documentation.
- Visit a service centre and submit your application in person, or mail it to:
Locked Bag 5138
Parramatta NSW 2124
Things to keep in mind...
- your Tradesperson’s Certificate will be valid for 3 years, after which you’ll need to renew or restore it, and
- you’ll need to complete a recognised training course for each class of repair work you want to appear on your Tradesperson’s Certificate.
Classes of repair work include:
- automotive electrician
- body maker
- compressed natural gas mechanic
- liquefied natural gas mechanic
- liquefied petroleum gas mechanic
- motorcycle mechanic
- motor mechanic
- panel beater
- transmission specialist
- underbody work, and
- vehicle painter.
Visit the NSW Fair Trading website to make sure you have all the information.