Text size


If you're the holder of a general boat driving licence, you must notify Transport for NSW of any changes to medical or physical conditions (including eyesight), that might cast doubt on your fitness to operate a vessel.

You can visit a service centre and provide the information in person, or post your documents to us. 


Holders of a boat driving licence who don't hold any of the following:

  • NSW driver licence
  • vehicle registration
  • combined licence
  • Photo Card.

If you do hold one or more of the above, complete the Change of Records – Transport for NSW Products – PDF, and provide the information in person at a service centre.

What you need

  • your proof of identity
  • your general boat driving licence
  • if adding or removing an eyesight condition, supporting documentation, for example one of the following:
    • a medical report from an optometrist or ophthalmologist
    • a doctor's certificate showing your eyesight standard
    • other written advice from a doctor​ specifically stating that a condition is, or is no longer, required.
  • a copy of both sides of your pensioner concession card (if applicable)
  • the PDF form – 'Change of Records – Maritime Products Only'.

How to apply

  1. Check the eligibility requirements.

  2. Download and complete the Change of Records – Maritime Products Only – PDF.

  3. Make sure that you have all the required documentation.

  4. Visit a service centre and provide the information in person, or mail the documentation to:

    Service NSW
    Agency Business Centre
    PO Box 21
    NSW  2870

More information

  • an eyesight test may be conducted at the service centre
  • changes to eyesight conditions will require a replacement licence
  • if you hold an unrestricted NSW driver licence (all classes) and a NSW adult boat licence, you may be eligible to combine these 2 licences on one card.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

Last updated: 23 May 2023
You'll be taken to another website.