When you sell a vehicle with conditional registration, you have to cancel the registration and return the number plates. The new owner must apply for new conditional registration – it can't be transferred.
If you need to change the details of your conditional registration you can do so at a service centre.
What you need
- your proof of identity
- your business identification details (if applicable)
- your current number plate(s)
- your current certificate of conditional registration
- your current certificate of approved operations
- the PDF forms:
- 'Change of Records'
- 'Replacement Application' (if applicable)
- 'Number Plates and/or Cancellation of Registration' (if applicable).
How to change
- Download and complete:
- Change of Records – PDF
- Replacement Application – PDF (if applicable)
- Number Plates and/or Cancellation of Registration – PDF (if applicable).
- Make sure you have all the required documentation and your current number plate/s.
- Visit a service centre and submit your information.