Text size


If you've changed your gender and want to update your records with Transport for NSW, you'll need to visit a service centre.

What you need

  • your proof of identity
  • one of the following:
    • birth certificate showing your new gender
    • a List 1 proof of identity document showing your gender
    • a Recognised Details Certificate issued by NSW Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages (or equivalent Australian authority) stating your gender
    • a medical certificate confirming your gender from an Australian registered medical practitioner (gender reassignment surgery is not essential, however you should have had, or are receiving, appropriate clinical treatment for transition to a new gender)
    • a medical certificate confirming your gender from the surgeon/clinic where the gender reassignment surgery was conducted
  • a change of name document (if applicable)
  • your licence card and registration papers (if applicable).

How to change

  1. Gather all your required documents.
  2. Visit a service centre and submit your application.
Last updated: 19 May 2020