A heavy vehicle inspection is conducted annually on heavy vehicles registered in NSW (some exemptions apply).
If you've booked your inspection but now need to change it, you can do this online. Alternatively, call us on 13 77 88 or visit a service centre.
Keep in mind that the inspection must be performed in the 3-month period prior to the renewal date, or your registration may be suspended or cancelled.
- Usually an inspection is carried out as part of the registration renewal process. If this is the case, you'll have received a renewal notification nominating a date your registration renewal must be completed by.
- The vehicle inspection can take place up to 3 months prior to the nominated renewal date. The results of an inspection are valid for 3 months only, so it's a good idea to factor this in when nominating a date for your heavy vehicle inspection.
- Bookings must be made at least 24 hours prior to inspection.
What you need
- your booking ID or NSW plate number
- your surname or business name.
How to change
- Select the 'Change online' button.
- Select Existing Bookings.
- Enter your details to retrieve your booking.
- Book your new inspection time.