You can add, change or delete a 'courtesy name', and/or change the usage details on your rego at a service centre.
A 'courtesy name' is a business name recorded on a vehicle's registration papers, where the registered operator is an individual.
The usage details are represented as a code, including, but not limited to:
- PRIV (private)
- BUSG (business general)
- PNSR (pensioner)
- PPG (primary producer general).
Note: If you're only changing a courtesy name, or usage such as private, business or pensioner, you may be eligible to do so by calling 13 77 88.
What you need
- your proof of identity
- your business details (if the vehicle is registered under a business)
- your vehicle registration details
- a copy of the Certificate of Registration of Business Name as proof of identity for the business (if applicable)
- your concession card details (if applicable).
To be eligible to change details over the phone, the vehicle must be registered in an individual's name, and the usage details can only be changing between:
- BUSG, or
Last updated: 16 May 2023