Details linked to your vehicle registration can be updated at a service centre. These include:
- date of purchase or disposal
- nominated configuration
- courtesy name.
It's important to change your details before renewing your vehicle's registration to make sure that an appropriate inspection is conducted, and that you are charged the correct fee.
Note: If you're only changing a courtesy name, or usage such as private, business or pensioner, you may be eligible to do so by calling 13 77 88.
What you need
- the PDF form – 'Change of Records' (not required for a change in courtesy name)
- your proof of identity
- vehicle registration details
- evidence of registration under a business name (if applicable)
- business identification details if the vehicle is registered under a business
- concession card details (if applicable)
- if you want to change the date of purchase or the date of disposal, you'll need a receipt or notice of disposal, signed by the seller and showing the correct date.
How to change
- Download and complete the Change of Records – PDF (if applicable).
- Make sure you have all the required documentation.
- Visit a service centre and lodge your application.
To be eligible to change details over the phone, the vehicle must be registered in an individual's name, and the usage details can only be changing between:
- BUSG, or
Last updated: 8 December 2022