If you need to change the conditions of operation, number plates or engine number details of your conditional vehicle registration, you can do so at a Service NSW Centre.

Note: When you sell a vehicle with conditional registration, you need to cancel the registration and return the number plates. The new owner must apply for a new conditional registration – it can't be transferred.

What you need

  • your proof of identity
  • your business identification details (if applicable)
  • your current number plate(s)
  • your current Certificate of Conditional Registration
  • your current Certificate of Approved Operations
  • your payment (if applicable)
  • the PDF forms:
    • 'Change of Records'
    • 'Replacement Application' (if applicable)
    • 'Number Plates and/or Cancellation of Registration' (if applicable).

How to change

  1. Download and complete:
  2. Make sure you have all the required documents and your current number plate(s).
  3. Visit a service centre to submit your changes. 

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.

Last updated: 16 April 2024