COVID-19 update: If you are planning to go into a Service Centre, check the opening times before you visit. Read about the COVID-19 assistance available for NSW residents and businesses. 

Our online transactions are available 24/7. Call 13 77 88 for assistance or visit COVID-19.

Text size


If you plan to make changes to your vehicle's engine, they'll need to be verified by an Authorised Examiner or other Transport for NSW official.

Once the changes have been verified, please notify a service centre.

What you need

  • your proof of identity
  • your current registration details
  • one of the following:
    • a Vehicle Compliance Certificate (if applicable)
    • AUVIS (unregistered vehicle inspection report)
    • HVAIS (heavy vehicle unregistered vehicle inspection report and heavy vehicle safety check inspection report)
  • the PDF form – 'Change of Records'.

How to change

  1. Download and complete Change of Records – Transport for NSW Products – PDF.
  2. Gather the required documentation.
  3. Visit a service centre and provide the information in person.

Payment methods

You can review transaction payment options on our payment methods page.