Visit our storms and floods page for information on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses


An employer can owe wages to an employee for various reasons. They may have unwittingly underpaid the employee, and the employee has left their business and can't be contacted, or maybe the Fair Work Ombudsman has found an underpayment through an audit.

If an instance of underpayment is found, the Fair Work Ombudsman collects the unpaid wages and holds the monies in a trust fund.

If you think you may be owed unpaid wages, you can check online. 

What you need

  • your name
  • the employer's ABN or the business' name.

How to check

  1. Select the 'Check online' button.
  2. Enter your family name.
  3. Enter the ABN or the business name of your employer.
  4. Enter the security code.
  5. Select 'Submit'.
  6. If your search is successful, contact the Fair Work Ombudsman on 13 13 94 to claim the wages.
You'll be taken to another website.