If you want to permanently close your Transport for NSW E-Toll Account, you can do so at a Service NSW Centre. 

You'll need to pay any outstanding fees when closing the account.

If you're closing an E-Toll Account on behalf of another person, you'll need to provide a letter signed by the account holder authorising you to do so, including details about the closure. 

Moving interstate

If you no longer live in NSW you can return your tag by registered post, with an accompanying letter advising that the tag is no longer required.

Refunds can be paid either to your nominated credit or debit card, or by cheque if your account refills are paid by direct debit from a bank account. Your refund will be processed after 31 days.

What you need

  • your proof of identity
  • your tag (for an E-Toll Tag Account)
  • your nominated refund method (if applicable)
  • the ABN or ACN (if the account is a corporate/business account)
  • an explanatory letter (if applicable)
  • a letter authorising you to close the account, signed by the account holder (if applicable).

How to close

In person

Visit a service centre and make sure to bring your tag(s) and any required documents.

By post

If you're unable to visit a service centre, you can close your account by registered post.

You'll need to:

  • pay any outstanding amounts on your account
  • send your tag(s) with your explanatory letter and the required information, by registered mail to:
    E-Toll Business Operations Centre
    PO Box 1447
    Parramatta NSW 2124


  • If the package is lost in transit you may be charged a non-return tag fee.
  • Returning your tag by registered mail means your package can be tracked.

Payment methods

Where the account has outstanding fees that need to be paid, the following payment methods are accepted:

  • credit card (MasterCard, Visa, Diners Club International or American Express)
  • debit card (MasterCard, Visa or EFTPOS)
  • direct debit from a bank account.
Last updated: 28 November 2023