If you want to downgrade from a personal watercraft (PWC) driving licence to a general boat driving licence, you'll need to surrender your PWC driving licence. For the general boat driving licence to be issued, your PWC driving licence must be current, or expired/cancelled less than 5 years).
What you need
- a written request stating that the PWC driving licence is no longer required
- your proof of identity
- your PWC driving licence
- the Request for Refund form (if applicable).
How to submit
Complete the Request for Refund – PDF (if applicable).
Make sure that you have all the required documentation.
Visit a service centre and provide the information in person, or post the documentation to:
Agency Business Centre
PO Box 21
Parkes NSW 2870
- The duration of a general boat driving licence can be one(1), 3, 5 or 10 years.
- Licence fees vary depending on the duration of the licence, and whether they are concessional licences.
- If you hold an unrestricted NSW driver licence (all classes) and a NSW general boat driving licence, you may be eligible to combine these 2 licences on one card. Visit Transport for NSW to make sure you have all the information.