If you’re a prospective student you may be able to get subsidised training for selected courses through the NSW Government program, Smart and Skilled.
To be eligible, you’ll need to be:
- at least 15 years old
- no longer at school
- living or working in NSW
- an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen.
You may be eligible for fee exemptions when enrolling in a Smart and Skilled course if you're:
- an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander student
- a student with disability
- an Australian Government welfare recipient.
Smart and Skilled training covers:
- Certificate I to Advanced Diploma
- selected Foundational Skills courses
- selected traineeships
- all apprenticeships
- fee-free apprenticeships are available under this program for eligible apprentices who started training on or after 1 July 2018.
Vocational Education Training (VET) courses in schools are excluded.
A list of subsided courses is available on the NSW Skills List.
To enrol, use the Course Finder to identify suitable training offered by approved providers. Then contact your preferred training provider to confirm your eligibility, exemptions (if applicable) and course availability.