If you've been approved for a firearms or security industry licence by NSW Police Force, please visit a Service NSW Centre to have your Photograph Advice processed and licence issued.

You'll need to attend a service centre before the expiry date. If the Photograph Advice expires before you attend a service centre, you'll need to contact the NSW Police Force as you may be required to submit another application.


You have been approved for either of the following licences by NSW Police Force:

  • Firearms Licence
  • Security Industry Licence

What you need

How to get your licence issued

  1. Gather your Photograph Advice and proof of identity documents.
  2. Visit a service centre.
  3. Have your photo taken.

Once your photo is taken, the licence card will be sent to you in the post.

More information

From 1 July 2022, regulation of the commercial agent industry moved from the NSW Police Force to NSW Fair Trading. For full details, visit the Fair Trading website.

Last updated: 15 November 2023

Rate the information on the page