If you or your organisation hold an authority to fundraise in NSW, you must lodge an annual return within 6 months from the end of your financial year.
The return must be lodged even if no appeal has been held, and no money received.
All holders of an authority to fundraise.
Note: If you're an Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission (ACNC) registered organisation that also holds a NSW authority to fundraise, you have reporting obligations under both regimes.
Authority holders are not required to lodge an annual return separately with NSW Fair Trading if they are ACNC-registered and comply with the reporting requirements of the ACNC. The ACNC will share information with NSW through a data sharing arrangement. Visit Statements of regulatory intent for more information.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account – you can create one when you start your application
- details of:
- the authority holder
- the fundraising appeals
- financial statements
- the audit report (if required).
How to lodge
- Select the 'Lodge online' button.
- Log in or create your MyServiceNSW Account.
- Follow the prompts to complete the form.
If you're unable to lodge online:
- Download Charitable fundraising – annual return – PDF.
- Complete the form.
- Sign the declaration.
- Attach your supporting documentation.
- Email your information to the details on the form.
To lodge your charitable fundraising application with Fair Trading NSW, you will need to create or log in with a MyServiceNSW Account. By logging in, you:
- consent to sharing your name and email address in your MyServiceNSW Account with Fair Trading NSW
- declare that you have read the Fair Trading NSW privacy statement.