Visit our COVID-19 page for information and advice on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses


Anti-Discrimination NSW promotes anti-discrimination and equal opportunity principles and policies throughout NSW. It provides an enquiry service for people who want to know about their rights or responsibilities under anti-discrimination law, and accepts and investigates complaints of discrimination. It also conciliates complaints when appropriate.

If you'd like to make a complaint, you can do this via email, fax or mail.


  • any individual or group who has been discriminated against, harassed or vilified
  • your lawyer, or organisations such as unions and other representative bodies (as long as you agree with the complaint being made, and are named in the complaint. You may need to show that you consent to the complaint being made on your behalf.)
  • in certain circumstances, a person can make a complaint on behalf of a child or a person with a disability if they cannot do it themselves. In this case, contact the Anti-Discrimination NSW for more information.

What you need

How to lodge

  1. Download, print and complete the Complaint form – PDF
  2. Gather any additional documents you have, then
  3. Lodge your complaint via:

More information

  • Anti-Discrimination NSW will contact you within two weeks of receiving your complaint to gather any additional information, and to discuss how your complaint will be handled.
  • The person that you've lodged a complaint about will receive a copy of your complaint and be given the opportunity to respond.
  • The Anti-Discrimination Act states that if the discrimination or harassment occurred more than 12 months ago, the Board can refuse to investigate your complaint. However this decision is not automatic. If your complaint is about events which happened more than 12 months ago, explain the delay when you lodge your complaint.
  • In the case of serious vilification, which may be referred to the Attorney General and prosecuted as a crime, you should lodge your complaint as soon as possible. This is because prosecution must commence within six months from the date the vilification occurred.
You'll be taken to another website.