Back to top

If you need specialist medical treatment that is not available locally, meaning that you have to travel long distances, you may be able to get financial assistance towards your travel and accommodation expenses through the Isolated Patients Travel and Accommodation Assistance Scheme (IPTAAS). If you are eligible for this support and have registered with IPTAAS you can then make a claim online.

Lodge online
  • your personal details and date of birth
  • your registration number for the IPTAAS scheme (starts with IPR)
  • all supporting documentation for your travel and accommodation expenses, such as receipts and invoices
Lodge online
  1. Check the eligibility requirements and register with IPTAAS for assistance.
  2. Sign into the IPTAAS Claims Service using your personal details and registration number.
  3. Submit claim information.
Lodge online

To be eligible for IPTAAS assistance, you must:

  • Be a resident of NSW or Lord Howe Island and also be eligible for Medicare
  • Live more than 100km from the nearest treating specialist (you may also be eligible if cumulative journeys to your treating specialist exceed 200km within a week)
  • Require specialist treatment that is not available locally
  • Claim all benefits available through a private health fund prior to applying to IPTAAS if applicable
  • Not be eligible for any other government travel assistance schemes

To make sure that you have all the information and documentation you need to complete this transaction, please visit NSW Health.

Lodge online

Need help?

We’re happy to help you with this transaction.

Feel free to call us on 13 77 88 or visit a service centre

Source url: