If you're involved in a retirement village dispute as a resident or owner/operator and you've been unable to resolve the issue privately, you can lodge a complaint with NSW Fair Trading and they'll act as an informal negotiator. There's no fee for this service.
NSW Fair Trading assists with minor disputes.
Disputes of a more serious nature are dealt with through the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT).
What you need
- your name and contact details
- name and contact details of the resident or owner/operator you're complaining about
- details of the retirement village involved
- details of the dispute and your attempt to resolve the issue
- copies of any relevant documents such as condition reports, bank statements, photos
- access to a printer and/or scanner (if applicable).
How to lodge
- Select the 'Lodge online' button.
- Gather the information and documents needed.
- Complete the online form.
If you don't wish to lodge online you can:
- Download and complete the Property Complaint Form – PDF.
- Gather your supporting documentation.
- Lodge your complaint by mail or email, to the details on the form.