If you'd like to make a complaint to the NSW Ombudsman, you can use the online complaint form.
The NSW Ombudsman is an independent and impartial watchdog, whose role is to ensure that state agencies and their staff do their jobs properly and meet their responsibilities to the community. The Ombudsman is independent of the elected government and accountable to the public through Parliament.
What you'll need
- your personal details
- name of the NSW agency you're complaining about
- details of your complaint
- details of what happened after you complained to the agency
- how you see the complaint being resolved
- up to 3 documents of evidence to support your complaint (such as correspondence with the agency).
How to make a complaint
- Select the 'Lodge your complaint' button.
- Complete the online form.
- Upload up to 3 documents as evidence in support of your complaint.
- Submit your form.
You can use the online complaints form if you've already contacted the NSW agency you're making the complaint about.
Things to keep in mind ...
- Check the full list of 'What you can complain about' as some complaints need to be submitted via email rather than the online complaints form.