Text size


If you receive a fine (overdue fine, penalty or reminder notice) but aren't the driver or person responsible for the offence, you can transfer the fine by nominating the person responsible. 

Some offences, such as camera-detected offences and parking in a school zone, will apply demerit points to a driver licence, so it's important the correct person is named. For offences such as littering from a vehicle, you should name the person responsible, even if you were the driver at the time. 

If the fine notice is under a company name, then an authorised person from your company must nominate the driver or person responsible. 

What you need

  • your email address and phone number
  • your fine notice number and the date of the offence
  • the details of the other driver or person responsible, including their:
    • name, address and date of birth
    • driver licence number and state/country of issue
    • passport number and country of issue, if you're nominating an international driver 
  • your organisation's Transport for NSW customer number (if applicable)
  • acknowledgement that you're aware of the penalties for making a false nomination. 

How to nominate

  1. Select the 'Nominate online' button.
  2. Follow the prompts to name the driver or person responsible.

Note: You can also complete a statutory declaration form and send it to the details on the form. 

More information

  • The 'declarant' is the name of the person or company that the fine notice has been originally addressed to.
  • An organisation's Transport for NSW customer number is found on the vehicle's registration papers.
  • You can be fined and lose your driving privileges if you make a false nomination.
  • You must nominate the driver or person responsible by the due date on the fine notice.
Last updated: 23 January 2023
You'll be taken to another website.