If you're an authorised supplier of paintball markers in NSW, you need to notify NSW Fair Trading within 7 days of:
- receiving a paintball marker, including one from outside NSW or from a paintball marker permit holder
- supplying or selling a paintball marker
- disposing of a paintball marker – for example, if you scrap the marker.
You do not need to notify NSW Fair Trading if:
- you hold a paintball venue permit and supply a paintball marker to another paintball venue permit holder under a paintball marker sharing arrangement, and
- you receive the paintball marker back within 14 days.
Note: If you do not receive the paintball marker back within 14 days, you must notify NSW Fair Trading within 7 days of the 14-day period.
You need to be an authorised supplier with one of the following:
- a paintball venue permit issued in NSW.
- a firearms dealer licence under the Firearms Act 1996.
- a weapons dealer permit under the Weapons Prohibition Act 1998.
What you need
- a MyServiceNSW Account
- the Excel spreadsheet – 'Supplier notification template'
Note: You'll need to download and save the 'Supplier notification template' using Microsoft Excel on a computer. Please do not use a mobile or tablet device.
- one proof of identity document such as a driver licence, Australian passport or Medicare card
- the marker serial number or the make and model of the marker if there's no serial number
- name, address and permit number of the supplier and recipient
- the paintball marker storage address
- date of the transaction
- your valid ABN/ACN number.
How to notify
- Download the 'Supplier notification template'.
- Complete the relevant section on the template and save the file.
- Select the 'Notify online' button.
- Follow the prompts to upload your saved 'Supplier notification template' and complete the notification.
If you're unable to apply online, you can:
- Download and complete the 'Notification of supply or disposal of paintball markers – PDF'.
- Email the form to FTlicensing@customerservice.nsw.gov.au.
To notify of supply and disposal of a paintball marker with NSW Fair Trading, you’ll need to create or log in with a MyServiceNSW Account.
By logging in you consent to sharing your name and email address in your MyServiceNSW Account with NSW Fair Trading, a division of the Department of Customer Service.