If you've reserved a number plate combination and you're now ready to register the plates to a vehicle, before they can get manufactured, you need to choose a plate style and pay the order fee.
Note: Any unused pro-rata annual fee will be used to calculate the payable amount.
What you need
- email address
- your driver licence number or customer number if a business
- the reserved content for your new number plates
- your payment.
How to order
- Select the 'Order online' button.
- Select 'Start here'.
- Verify your reservation details.
- Select a plate style.
- Confirm your order.
- Select your delivery method.
- Enter your payment details.
- Submit your order.
- Direct delivery number plates will be delivered within 7 to 21 days. You must:
- not sell or trade your vehicle within those 21 days
- show your ID to receive your new plates
- return your old plates.
- If you are not home to receive your direct delivery plates they will be left at your local postal facility and held for 10 days only. You must:
- return your old plates to an Australia Post outlet or business centre within 7 days of receiving your new plates
- get a receipt for the return of the old plates.
Pick up from a Service NSW Centre
- Delivery to your nominated service centre will take about 21 days from the date of purchase. You'll receive information advising:
- when your plates are ready to collect
- the documentation you need to provide on collection.
- If you haven't received a letter within 28 days of placing your order, please call myPlates on 02 9433 1600.
- You'll need to hand in your old plates in order to pick up your new plates.
Note: Please ensure you have the necessary tools and screws with you if you'll be picking up plates for the vehicle you're driving. Operating a vehicle without number plates is illegal.
Last updated: 24 May 2021