Visit our storms and floods page for information on the assistance available for NSW residents and businesses


If you receive a pension, you may qualify for a rebate on your water bill. 

To be eligible, you’ll need a:

  • Pensioner Concession Card from Centrelink or Department of Veterans' Affairs, or
  • gold Health Card (also known as a gold card) that shows:
    • war widow
    • war widower
    • extreme disablement adjustment (EDA)
    • totally and temporarily incapacitated (TTI)
    • totally and permanently incapacitated (TPI).

You’ll also need to be the owner and occupier of one of the following:

  • single dwelling
  • dual occupancy
  • strata or company title unit
  • unit in a retirement village with a life term lease.

If you own the property with someone who isn't a pensioner, you may still get a rebate. This depends on your relationship with the other owner(s) and your eligibility.

Rebates are applied to each bill. 

You can claim your pensioner rebate by selecting your water supplier from the following list: