Concessions are available to eligible pensioners on their council rates, including:

  • $250 on ordinary council rates and charges for domestic waste management services
  • $87.50 on annual water rates and charges (where the service is provided by council)
  • $87.50 on annual sewerage rates and charges (where the service is provided by council).

If your water is not supplied by your local council, find out if you are eligible for the pensioner water rebate.


You need to either:

  • have one of the following:
    • Pensioner Concession Card (PCC)
    • DVA Veteran Gold Card printed with TPI, EDA, War Widow or War Widower, or
  • be a wholly dependent partner entitled to the DVA income support supplement (ISS) which attracts a PCC. 

Note: In certain circumstances, rebates may be granted to people suffering financial hardship.

What you need

  • your council rates account number or customer number (on your rates bill)
  • concession card or concession customer reference number.

Note: Before you complete the claim form, check your rates bill as you may already be receiving the pension rebate.

How to claim

  1. Check that you meet the eligibility criteria.
  2. Get the contact details for your local council.
  3. Complete the rebate application form by:
    • downloading the form from your local council's website or
    • contacting your local council about the rates rebate for people receiving a pension.
Last updated: 11 July 2024

Rate the information on the page