You’ll need a security plan if you're applying for a SafeWork NSW licence that includes storing explosives or security sensitive dangerous substances (SSDS), such as a licence to:

  • transport, import, store, manufacture or supply explosives and/or SSDS
  • use blasting explosives and/or SSDS. 

If the explosives or SSDS are stored at more than one site, a separate security plan must be prepared and submitted for each site.

SafeWork NSW inspectors will inspect sites to confirm the details in your security plan. They will notify you of the date of the inspection. SafeWork NSW inspectors also conduct random on-site process checks.

What you need

  • the PDF form – Security plan for storage and handling of explosives and/or security sensitive dangerous substances
  • storage information for each site, including a security risk assessment and supply and stock details.

How to prepare

  1. Select the 'Download PDF form' button.
  2. Complete the form.
  3. Submit the form with your licence application (if applicable) and keep a copy for your inspection.
Last updated: 26 February 2024