If you're applying for a SafeWork NSW licence that includes storing explosives or security sensitive dangerous substances (SSDS), you’ll need to submit a security plan.

SafeWork NSW licences you may be applying for include:

  • licence to transport explosives and/or SSDS
  • licence to import explosives and/or SSDS
  • blasting explosives user licence
  • licence to store explosives and/or SSDS 
  • licence to manufacture explosives and/or SSDS
  • licence to supply explosives and/or SSDS, and
  • licence to use SSDS.

If the explosives or SSDS are stored at more than one site, a separate security plan must be prepared and submitted for each site.

SafeWork NSW inspectors will inspect sites to confirm the details in your security plan. They will notify you of the date and time of the inspection. SafeWork NSW inspectors also conduct random on-site process checks.

Last updated: 6 November 2019