The NSW Government is helping kids get active with the Active Kids program.
The Active Kids program provides two $100 vouchers for parents, guardians and carers of school-enrolled children to use towards sport and active recreation costs each year.
The voucher can be used for registration, participation and membership costs for sport, fitness and recreational activities during the calendar year it was issued.
To register as an Active Kids provider and begin accepting Active Kids vouchers, first check if you're eligible. If you are eligible, register now.
What you'll need
- a MyServiceNSW account
- personal identity document, such as Australian driver licence
- your organisation’s business details – Australian Business Number (ABN), Australian Company Number (ACN) or Incorporation Number
- a PDF copy of your Certificate of Currency for public liability insurance, as issued by your insurer
- activity details, including sports or activity type, location and provider website details
- business bank account details for the account that will take reimbursements.
When you register you'll need to create a business profile. You must be authorised to act on behalf of the organisation and be one of the following:
- associate (partner, director, sole trader, public officer etc) as listed on the Australian Business Register (ABR).
- officeholder (director, secretary) as registered with the Australian Securities and Investment Commission.
- public officer listed on the NSW Incorporated Associations Register maintained by the NSW Office of Fair Trading.
- an elected member (as described in the entity’s constitution) of a NSW Incorporated Association, for example president, vice president, chairperson, secretary, treasurer or board member.
- other person with authority of any of the above to carry out functions on behalf of a business/entity.
Providers must hold appropriate skills, experience, or qualifications for low risk activities and appropriate accreditation for high risk activities, specifically swimming and fitness activities. Providers also need to hold Working with Children Check clearances for staff or volunteers, as required.
How to register
- Select the 'Register now' button.
- Log into your account, or sign up for a MyServiceNSW Account.
- Follow the prompts to create a business profile. To do this, enter the details from your personal identity document and business details (ABN, ACN or Incorporation number).
- Complete the Active Kids provider application by providing public liability insurance details and uploading a PDF of your Certificate of Currency, activity details, and business account details.
- Submit your application for approval. You will be notified of the result within 28 days.
Eligible activities are those that are:
- provided as part of a structured program of at least 8 weeks’ duration, and
- involve regular moderate or intense levels of physical activity.
- sporting clubs/associations affiliated with a recognised State Sporting Organisation located in NSW, or
- for-profit or not-for-profit activity providers located in NSW.
Costs eligible to be reimbursed to providers include:
- registration fees
- membership fees
- participation fees.
Ineligible activities that cannot register in the program include:
- gym membership that isn’t part of a structured program
- activities or programs that are part of the school curriculum, held during school hours or run by schools (including on weekends)
- after-school care services and tutors
- travel to and from competitions
- individual items that would normally be bought from a retailer (for example, jerseys, socks and boots).
Things to keep in mind...
- Vouchers can only be accepted by registered providers.
- Providers must not increase prices above a reasonable level.
- Reimbursement to providers should occur within 7 days of a voucher being redeemed, either through the provider’s MyServiceNSW Account or through a recognised registration platform that’s been approved by the Office of Sport.
- Providers will be reimbursed the actual value of the activity up to $100 and do not automatically receive $100 for each voucher.
- No retrospective reimbursement of fees will be paid. Providers can allow for part or deferred payment at registration.
- Two Active Kids vouchers can’t be used for the same activity in the same term for the same child. (Vouchers must be used for separate activities, or in separate terms).